My Chemical Romance Asia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where all Asian Fans Unite

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
platypusgdfan
Chemical Missiles Proffesor
platypusgdfan

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show   Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show EmptyWed Aug 05 2009, 11:37

Quote :
My Chemical Romance Want To Sing About Lemonade On 'Yo Gabba Gabba!
By James Montgomery

Gerard Way wants you to know that My Chemical Romance are an American band — and proud of it. He'd also like you to know that becoming a father isn't changing his focus on that first fact.

Back in May, Way and his wife — Mindless Self Indulgence bassist Lyn-Z — welcomed their first child, a daughter named Bandit. In the months leading up to the birth, Way wondered aloud how his daughter's arrival would impact the lyrics he was writing for MCR's new album, saying, "That's going to be in my head. ... There's no way that stuff won't affect what you're doing. I think if it doesn't, it's kind of lame."

Well, as it turns out, he might have been over-thinking things.

"[When] we had the baby, it's this crazy thing. It's the most amazing thing, and what it alters is you have someone new in your life to love and share things with and protect and all this amazing stuff," Way told MTV News. "But literally the next morning, I woke up and I still felt like me. I mean, I felt like I had something really awesome in my life, besides my wife, but it hasn't changed any of the direction of where it was heading before she was born. And I think [Bandit] would appreciate that."

And if she doesn't, well, she'll most certainly appreciate Way's other musical plan, one that involves My Chemical Romance collaborating with DJ Lance Rock, Muno, Foofa and the rest of the kid-friendly "Yo Gabba Gabba!" gang. After all, just because he isn't letting fatherhood change his focus within MCR, doesn't mean he can't branch out a bit.

"That will absolutely happen. I have this secret desire to do a children's show, and then I saw 'Yo Gabba,' and I was like, 'Oh, this is genius. This is better than anything I could've come up with,' " Way laughed. "I watched [Devo mastermind] Mark Mothersbaugh draw a puppy, and I was like, 'This is the best thing I've ever seen.' I'm really aiming to get [My Chem] to perform a song about lemonade on 'Yo Gabba.' ... I'm cooking this lemonade song up in my head as we speak."

Article From Here
The Video of the Interview
Back to top Go down
http://platypusgdfan.blogspot.com
metalslugx
Nuclear Species
Nuclear Species
metalslugx

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show   Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show EmptyThu Aug 06 2009, 14:32

~Yo Gabba Gabba~

Quote :
Way wondered aloud how his daughter's arrival would impact the lyrics he was writing for MCR's new album, saying, "That's going to be in my head. ... There's no way that stuff won't affect what you're doing. I think if it doesn't, it's kind of lame."

^^ what u guys think???

oh another eminem??haha
Back to top Go down
https://mcrasiaforum.forumotion.com
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show   Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show EmptyFri Aug 07 2009, 16:32

Maybe a softer side of Gerard... lyric wise....? Hmm... interesting thought but I don't think it'll change too drastically.
Back to top Go down
http://platypusgdfan.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show   Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Gerard Talks About Being a Father and Kids' Show
Page 1 of 1