My Chemical Romance Asia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where all Asian Fans Unite

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
platypusgdfan
Chemical Missiles Proffesor
platypusgdfan

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album Empty
PostSubject: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyWed Oct 22 2008, 08:52

In an interview with MTV, when Mikey Way was asked about the band's current situation with their upcoming album this is what he said:

Quote :
“The thing with us is that we’re always in the process of writing. You know, everyone is sitting around, working on riffs, and everyone’s got their own stuff going on,” Way said. “Personally, I’ve just been diddling around with songs, and if I come up with something good, I’ll call Gerard or [guitarist] Frank [Iero]. But what it really boils down to is this band really needed some time off, and that’s what we’re doing right now. We’re getting great time off.”

Way said that he and his MCR bandmates have “hung out a bunch,” but that the only time they’ve played together was when they entered a studio to record a version of Bob Dylan’s “All Along the Watchtower” for director Zack Snyder’s much-anticipated film version of “Watchmen.” Other than that, the band appears to be miles away from beginning work on the follow-up to Welcome to the Black Parade, and though Way knows that news may disappoint fans, he promises that the wait will be worth it. Eventually.

Well, whatever it may turn out to be I'm sure it's going to be another pure artistic work and they deserve a nice break from all the hardwork they did for the past 6 years.
Back to top Go down
http://platypusgdfan.blogspot.com
metalslugx
Nuclear Species
Nuclear Species
metalslugx

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptySun Oct 26 2008, 14:13

you're right..they really needa take a break..~~ I love you
Back to top Go down
https://mcrasiaforum.forumotion.com
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyWed Nov 12 2008, 12:18

More news on the album... here's an article from NME

Quote :
Speaking to NME.COM, singer Gerard Way explained why he wanted to pare the band’s sound down for their next record, the follow-up to 2006's 'The Black Parade'.

Speaking about a new song the band began playing live in November, Way said: “We haven’t told anybody the title yet because I noticed that if you change the title later, kids get pissed off. So it’s just called ‘New Song’ right now. It’s one of those songs that just spills out of you, and you’re very inspired. It’s nice because it’s a return to punk rock music. It feels like a rock song.

Way explained that, having done away with their theatrical stage show on their most recent dates, album number four would most likely follow suit. “I think (the next album) will definitely be stripped down. I think the band misses being a rock band,” he declared.

“That doesn’t mean we won't explore really crazy ideas on the next albums, or do something even crazier. It doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll start to take steps backwards creatively.

“But it felt in a live sense, this is what we do great live. And we’re better musicians for having written and played 'The Black Parade', so you're dealing with (the fact that) everybody's better as musicians and singers. So to have that to play with in a live sense is really thrilling. We can cut loose more.

The new song, with a chorus line that goes “Someone out there loves you”, is markedly more optimistic than most of the band’s output thus far.

“It’s letting somebody know something and its knowing that yourself and it’s a great thing to know,” said Way. “And it’s a completely different direction thematically than what we’re used to.

“We have stuff with a lot of hope in it but not like that. It’s written from a different kind of place. It’s not written from a place of scepticism at all." -

Ooo.... interesting... Can't wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
XxBlinkBlinkxX
Chemical Cookie Alien
Chemical Cookie Alien
XxBlinkBlinkxX

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyWed Nov 12 2008, 17:08

this is so tempting.
i cant wait!
Back to top Go down
http://xxsurayaroses.vox.com/
ladyofsorrows
Sleepwalking into Gee's hands
Sleepwalking into Gee's hands
ladyofsorrows

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyFri Nov 14 2008, 08:46

A little bit about the new album and TUA.
Quote :
My Chemical Romance have told fans to expect their new album, the follow-up to 2006's 'The Black Parade', "real quick".

My Chemical Romance have told fans to expect their new album "real quick".

The Emo rockers - who released their last LP 'The Black Parade' in 2006 - are currently in the studio and claim they are so inspired they expect the record to be finished very soon.

Frontman Gerard Way told NME magazine: "I have a lot of time to write right now. It may just be two months and then we might end up getting inspired and a record just spills out of us real quick.

"I'm a storyteller and a lyricist and I always try to tell stories with records."

The musician also confirmed he will be involved in a film adaptation of his superhero comic strip 'The Umbrella Academy'.

The story centres around a family of dysfunctional superheroes and 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' director Alfonso Cuaron is already in talks to bring it to life on the big screen.

Gerard said: "I tend to stay out of that kind of thing although Mike Richardson [of Dark Horse, publishers of 'The Umbrella Academy'], who signed the deal, wants me to be very involved. We'll have to see but if we get the right people in place, it could be a really amazing film."

The emo rockers? what the fuck? Thay dont do labels, okay.
Back to top Go down
http://of-silverandsky.blogspot.com/
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyFri Nov 14 2008, 10:28

I know! But nonetheless, it's nice to hear that Gerard is feeling inspired. Smile
Back to top Go down
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyMon Dec 29 2008, 17:33

More news on the upcoming album...

Quote :
My Chemical Romance Get To Work On Non-Concept Album, Sort Of'We've made concepts for three albums now, so I think this one ... I want to go into it not thinking about a definite story,' frontman Gerard Way says.

A few months back, when we spoke to MCR bassist Mikey Way about the "Batman" story he was writing for DC Comics, he mentioned that he and his bandmates had begun work in earnest on the follow-up to 2006's Welcome to the Black Parade, but, while they're all writing songs, he had no idea what the album would end up sounding like.

"So if, say, we wrote some songs that sound like Rick Springfield, a week later they've all turned into Children of Bodom songs," he explained. "I know it's going to be great — I just don't know what it's going to sound like. We're going to be just as surprised as everyone else, believe me."

And we did. So when we recently caught up with Mikey's brother, MCR frontman Gerard Way, we asked if the new album was still in such a state of flux. His answer? Yes, but he's at least got an idea of how he doesn't want it to turn out.

"You know, we've made concepts for three albums now, so I think this one — at least from my standpoint — I want to go into it not thinking about a definite story. I said that during Parade, but I still think I had something to work out," he said. "I think I had to get it out of my system, as far as writing concept records. I had to at least do one more before I stopped doing them. Obviously, they'll always be cohesive though. The songs need to fit together, that's what makes a great album."

Way added that rather than focusing on a concept, he and the band are keeping it much simpler this time around — they're just focusing on writing really killer, really loud rock songs.

"The one thing is we've never really captured that 'live' feeling. We've gone for sometimes more polish. We've obviously emulated bands like Queen in trying to get that classic, late-'70s glam sound, and we've gone for that at times, especially on the last record," Way explained. "But then, when we're playing this stuff live, it's ultimately going to get more aggressive, so I think it'd be interesting to hear what the band sounds like recorded at least somewhat in those parameters of a live set.

"And that's not to say it'll all be distorted, who knows. I think you record it live viscerally, and the minute you put in the distortion, yeah, it's going to sound 'punk,' " he continued. "You take it off and I don't know what it sounds like then. The song we did for 'Watchmen' [a cover of Bob Dylan's 'Desolation Row'] in a lot of ways is a really good test-run or experiment, at least sonically."

Of course, in keeping with the company line, Way said that there is no definite timetable for when or where My Chem will actually begin recording the new album ... in fact, what with Way's "Umbrella Academy" comic series having recently been green-lit for production and guitarist Frank Iero's side project Leathermouth taking off, there seems to be even less time to be dedicated to the business of being MCR.

"Well, [guitarist] Ray [Toro] is coming out Sunday and ... we may even sketch out a whole album together, which is something we used to like to try to do. We've had less and less time to sit down and try to do a skeleton of an album," Way said. "It's good to start doing that stuff, but once you start doing that you kind of paint yourself into a corner. Like, we finished mixing Black Parade, and then the next day we were on a plane off to Europe doing press. It was literally that quick. So I don't think we want to go through that again. We don't want some kind of time limit on us."
Back to top Go down
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyThu May 28 2009, 10:25

More news! Finally!!! This one is from their official site, a blog posted by Jeff Watson as promised on Twitter.

Quote :
MCR IN THE STUDIO
In the next few weeks, My Chemical Romance will head into the studio to record their fourth full-length album with producer Brendan O’Brien. He has previously worked with AC/DC, Mastodon, Bruce Springsteen, and Pearl Jam, among others. He’s good.
Back to top Go down
metalslugx
Nuclear Species
Nuclear Species
metalslugx

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyThu May 28 2009, 17:51

YES!!!!I JUST SAW THAT....AWESOME!!!I CANT WAIT CANT WAIT!!! agree
Back to top Go down
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyTue Aug 04 2009, 11:17

From the latest interview with Gerard by MTV.com

Quote :

Forget all that talk about ditching the shtick and focusing on fast-and-furious punk. My Chemical Romance have one sentiment they'd like to get across on their new album, one that echoes what Grand Funk Railroad said decades ago: "We're an American band."

"The punk element was something a lot of people talked about. I think once I said we were pulling out the marching bands, they assumed it was going to be a punk record," Gerard Way told MTV News last month at San Diego Comic-Con, where he was promoting "Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion," the third series of his Eisner-winning comic. "I mean, it's definitely more aggressive, but to me it feels like a celebration of rock and roll. It feels like a true love letter to rock and roll. There's something about being an American rock-and-roll band that we've kind of grown into and we're very proud of. And I think that's what we're celebrating with this record. There's no agenda, there's no mission; it's just about rock and roll."

For proof, check out the fan footage of "Death Before Disco," one of three new tracks MCR unveiled last Friday, during a secret show at the Roxy in Los Angeles. It's a charging, fist-pumping number that recalls the Motor City pump of the MC5 and the L.A. strut of the Knack. And to help them hone in on that vibe even further, they've tapped producer Brendan O'Brien — who's done albums for Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam and Mastodon, to name just a few — to helm the sessions for the new album.

"We're so happy working with Brendan O'Brien," Way said. "We love him, we're having the best time of our lives. It's a total blast. I feel like it's getting close to being finished. We're doing tracking now. There's no title yet. It's crazy — this is the first time we're waiting to get really far into the project before [choosing a title]. I'm actually kind of excited about that. It's kind of 'anything goes' at this point, but I'm so happy with the songs."

Way said there's still no release date for the new album, though he added, "It's safe to say it'll come out next year." This is all keeping with the band's open-ended, fast-and-loose approach to recording and writing, a first for MCR, who — up to this point — have made their living on expansive conceptual fare.

"It's actually kind of liberating," Way said. "I'm writing lyrics simply about what the song's telling me, instead of trying to shoehorn something into a story line. I'd say they all have their own little stories. Some of them are direct, real life things that happened to us or me. Some of them are fiction, [because] I didn't want to lose that side. One of the things I really liked about Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is that we took people on a journey with each video and each single, even though it was a concept record. The Black Parade didn't do that. It stuck all the way through to this rigid vision up until the end, but this time I'm really excited about giving someone something new every time."

Interview's From Here

To Watch the Interview: Click Here!
Back to top Go down
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyWed Aug 05 2009, 11:42

Quote :
There's no substitute for live audience feedback -- so My Chemical Romance took three brand new songs straight from the studio to the stage at L.A.'s Roxy on Friday night.

In town recording their fourth album, MCR rolled out fresh tunes during the encore of their secret show: "Death Before Disco," "Kiss the Ring," and "The Drugs." You can check out video of "Death Before Disco" below.

The song is a sharp turn into very traditional rock -- easy to think of hard driving Swedish band the Hives when listening to "Death Before Disco."

That shift into more concise, heavier songs from their studio sessions with producer Brendan O'Brien, as they work on the follow up to 2006's The Black Parade, was confirmed by the band this morning.

"What we're bringing from Black Parade to the new album is that sense of creative spark, where anything can feel possible, except distilled into a three minute, 30-second song," guitarist Ray Toro explained. "After Black Parade, we were ready for a more aggressive sound, similar to Revenge, but even harder."

Singer Gerard Way also said that his band's fourth studio album is not centered around a concept, as the previous three were.

"At this point, the best way to describe the new album is My Chemical Romance being the purest, most distilled version of itself," said Way. "No bells and whistles, as the focus has been on melody and songwriting."

My Chem has yet to announce a release date for the new album.

Article From Here
Back to top Go down
metalslugx
Nuclear Species
Nuclear Species
metalslugx

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyThu Aug 06 2009, 14:39

Quote :
we were ready for a more aggressive sound, similar to Revenge, but even harder.

^^This is GREAT!!!!!we're going back to revenge...err...even harder??

i can't wait..!!
Back to top Go down
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album EmptyFri Aug 07 2009, 16:35

Haha... yup! Can't wait to see what they'll do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album   Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest News About My Chem's Upcoming Album
Page 1 of 1