My Chemical Romance Asia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where all Asian Fans Unite

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ladyofsorrows
Sleepwalking into Gee's hands
Sleepwalking into Gee's hands
ladyofsorrows

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2007-12-28

My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics Empty
PostSubject: My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics   My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics EmptySun Sep 07 2008, 05:06

Quote :
My Chemical Romance bassist, Mikey Way has just been tapped by DC Comics to write an 8 page story for an upcoming Halloween issue of one of their titles. The rumor is that it will have something to do with Batman but that isn’t confirmed yet at press time.

MCR are currently taking time off after finishing their world tour in support of their most recent album, The Black Parade.

Date: Sep 05, 2008
As Reported by: jason
Source: http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/3784/13780/My-Chemical-Romance.html
Back to top Go down
http://of-silverandsky.blogspot.com/
summersnow
Thermobaric Manager
Thermobaric Manager
summersnow

Number of posts : 958
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics   My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics EmptyMon Sep 08 2008, 13:05

i miss mikey way so much!!!
Back to top Go down
platypusgdfan
Chemical Missiles Proffesor
platypusgdfan

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics   My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics EmptyWed Oct 15 2008, 08:33

Here's a sample of the work that's been around the net:

My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics Orig-5724021
Back to top Go down
http://platypusgdfan.blogspot.com
platypusgdfan
platypusgdfan

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics   My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics EmptyWed Oct 22 2008, 08:46

Sorry about the double posting but here's just a little more detail about the upcoming project.

Quote :
In an interview with MTV, Mikey dishes out some more info on his comic. The story is based off The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and will star Batman and Scarecrow with art by Mateus Santoluoco. With his own industry connections independent of Gerard (Jim Lee, as well as his own friends and fellow comic geeks). Mikey said:

“The story follows the Scarecrow as Ichabod Crane and Batman as the Headless Horseman. I took the character of Jonathan Crane and put him in Tarrytown, New York, in the 1700s,” Way explained. “They gave me the option to write a story about any character in the DC Universe, and I was like, ‘Well, I’m gonna do Batman. I’ve got to do Batman.’ Then I had the idea for my story, and it seemed pretty straightforward, and I was sure someone else had done it already. So I had to go to all my friends — my council — and to Jim Lee, and be like, ‘Has anyone done a Batman story like this before?’ And we were all amazed that no one has.

“Then I just got down to writing it,” he continued, “and it turned out that there wasn’t that much pressure, because the whole book is artists and writers doing Halloween-based storylines. I ended up with something like 20 pages of dialogue, so the big problem was that I just had too much, and we had to cut some of it.”

Back to top Go down
http://platypusgdfan.blogspot.com
metalslugx
Nuclear Species
Nuclear Species
metalslugx

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics   My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics EmptySun Oct 26 2008, 14:18

guess it's gonna be interesting..

kinda like the sample picture...
Back to top Go down
https://mcrasiaforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics   My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics Empty

Back to top Go down

My Chemical Romance bassist to pen comic for DC Comics
Page 1 of 1